In April 2017, following the success of my overhaul of The English Garden's website, I was appointed to oversee the growth across it’s sister title, stepping in as Online Editor for The English Home.
In this role, I was responsible for sourcing, creating and editing copy and videos relating to interior design, craftspeople and events. I always launched a UK travel guide in association with Britain, Discover Britain and The English Garden which went out to our worldwide subscribers. The series, titled Postcards from Britain, explored places to visit across the UK and featured as a bi-weekly newsletter.
In my first year, I also oversaw the website redesign, curating a new layout which would improve the user journey, reduce bounce rates and increase overall traffic to the website. Using research, analytics and search engine optimisation I contributed towards crafting a clear and aesthetically pleasing website which continues to grow in traffic year-on-year.
You can visit the The English Home website here, or view examples of my writing below:
- Design focus: Applications for herringbone in the home
- Colour series: Decorating with blue
- Design destinations: Shropshire and Combermere Abbey
- Spa bathroom decor: ideas for a soothing washroom
- How to sleep well: Expert advice for a good night’s sleep
- Luxury picnicware and accessories for refined al fresco dining